Den Building with a Bench and a Slide...
Having come across The Den Kit Company at the Spring Fair in 2020, we had to try one of their products! The Original Den kit is supplied in a tough canvas bag and contains all sorts of useful bits and pieces for building your very own den!
This is a brilliant idea from two ex-primary school teachers and Forest School Practitioners, who like us at ToysARoo, are passionate advocates of outdoor play. The Original Den Kit inspires team work and creativity in children and can be used anywhere, as we managed to prove... sort of. You don't need a forest to have some fun forest adventures!
Being short of a few trees in the back garden, we hooked our tent up to the garden bench and the slide! We had to peg it down with a few bricks to stop it blowing away in the wind, but the girls found it really cosy and fun - after they kitted the inside out with some comfy blankets!
Overall, the den was easy, and of course a lot of fun to build. It didn't take too long either. Even with the wind. We didn't use the included mallet or pegs, having no where to peg it in on wooden decking! But if the Den had been built on grass the included pegs would have held the tent firm.
There's also a traditional enamelware mug included in the bag. Because, as all serious campers know, you have to have that nice cup of cocoa... or whatever takes your fancy...
What's in the kit?
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing that can be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m.
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Approx size 1.8 x 1.2 m.
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood and complete with bark - made by us here in Shropshire.
- Sip a warming drink in traditional camping style with our iconic, branded enamelware mug (additional mugs available separately).
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in a useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag.
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, cruelty-free and made here in the UK.
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope.
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs; made for us in the UK.
The authentic, real, pukka, bona fide, truly Original Den Kit. Created especially for the inventive, creative, imaginative, ingenious, truly original you. Available to purchase now. Limited stocks.